- Colonies often in tree stumps and root crown area
- Nests can form under in-fill patios, under houses and timber buried in ground, ie retaining walls
- Colonies are partially mobile as Queen is able to relocate
- Workings rather brittle compared to Coptotermes and appear darker than surrounding soil
- Timber can be fully excavated with the void mud-packed
- In timber workings the soldiers are less numerous than workers
- Above ground workings often brittle
This is the most common termite we encounter here in Brisbane at Silks Pest Control.
Never attempt to do a DIY termite treatment with any termites attacking your home especially this species.
If you mess up a termite treatment with Schedo’s – they will spread through out your home like wild fire, resulting in a massive amount of timber damage.
SILK’S PEST CONTROL – Your Brisbane Termite Experts