Here are 8 Golden rules for Fast and Effective Termite Control…
1. DO NOT spray the termites with fly spray or try to treat termites yourself.
2. Cover the termite effected area immediately – This can be done with masking tape and cardboard, you don’t want to scare the termites away from the areas you have found.
3. If you live in the Brisbane area, call Silk’s Pest Control ASAP. If you live outside of the Brisbane area, contact a BSA Licensed and insured termite specialist in your area.
As per the Australian Standards, all homes should be inspected by a licensed termite inspector at a minimum of every 12 months. Ideally they should be inspected every 6 months.
4. What’s involved in the process to get rid of termites? – It’s a 3 staep process – CLICK HERE TO SEE THE ARTICLE
5. Home DIY cost cutting: Our homes tend to be our biggest financial investment. If you try to treat termites yourself you will most likely scare the termites into a concealed part of the house. Unfortunately when you realise your treatment has failed, you could be looking at massive repair cost to rebuild half of your house.
6. If you go with the cheapest quote – You will get what you pay for. When it comes to the termite and pest control industry, this saying is spot on. Most Brisbane homes as of October 2013 are valued over $500,000. In most cases, the cost of a quality service to save your home from termites is less than 1% of the value of your home. This fee will cover the three stages required for a quality termite treatment. Be Cautious: If you cut costs and go for the cheapest price, you could end up with an unlicensed, uninsured tradesman pumping Arsenic Dust into the walls of your home.
7. How to check if your termite inspector is licensed – Check for their BSA licence and insurance on line at http://www.qbcc.qld.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx Important Information – A lot of cheap and dodgy pest controllers don’t have insurance. Some operators don’t even have a license! You wouldn’t want a random, dodgy tradesman pumping a dangerous poison into the walls of your house would you?
8. Quality, Professional Termite Inspectors have spent years studying the behaviours of termites and how they destroy homes. They have developed safe, fast and effective methods to gain quick control and limit the risk of future termite attacks.
It’s your home and your family’s health – why risk it!
SILK’S PEST CONTROL – Your Brisbane Termite Experts